[Mailman] WG: Open Street Map

Ron Salzberg (Octalis - enabling new solutions) rs at octalis.com
Tue Jul 21 15:35:35 UTC 2015

Dear OpenStreetMap Team,

We are planning to build an online platform/directory for small craft & retail stores around Germany to be able to promote themselves and their respective stores, restaurants etc.

The idea ist to help small local stores which don’t usually have a big marketing budget or any online presence to be found by a wider (potential) customer base instead of only the few locals that are aware of these pressures little stores sometimes only meters away from the major shopping centres. On top of our website with personal landing pages for each individual store we will aslo help to further promote our mission by printing flyers, brochures etc. and distributing them around town.

Hence, I would like to ask if we could use OpenStreetMap DataBase and Content in our online and print media. Can we use parts oft he maps and use them in our flyers, maybe with some of the particulars stores outlines ? Can we futher use the Map similar to what GoogleMaps offers for online users to find the exact location of a store etc. ?

I would appreciate if you could let me know about any special considerations in our undertaking and if OpenStreetMap is suitable for us as per discription above.

Thanks & Regards,

Ron

*************************************

OCTALIS
enabling new solutions

Contact:
Ron Salzberg & Onur Sahinkaya

Head Office:
Sendlinger Straße 28
80331 München

Telecommunication:
Phone (Office):    +49 – 089 – 51 999 999

Mobile (RS):        +49 – 173 – 16 16 218 <tel:%2B49%20%E2%80%93%20173%20%E2%80%93%2016%2016%20218>
Mobile (OS):        +49 – 160 – 94 711 711

IT-Communication:
Mail:           office at octalis.com <mailto:office at octalis.com>
Web:           www.octalis.com <http://www.octalis.com/>

--

Naomi Lillie

skype: n.lillie  |   <https://twitter.com/NaomiLillie> @naomilillie

 <http://okfn.org/> Open Knowledge    -    See how data can change the world

 <http://okfn.org/> http://okfn.org/  |  <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  @okfn  |  <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>  Facebook  | <http://blog.okfn.org/>   Blog

Open Knowledge Community Stories | http://okfncommunity.tumblr.com/ | see how people are changing the world

Open Knowledge is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered office address: Open Knowledge, St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS, UK.