[Mailman] Mailing list spam

rhn opstmaac.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Thu Mar 24 20:27:49 UTC 2016

To the list admins,

I'd like to bring to your attention the amount of spam arriving to the talk-pl mailing list.

It seems like the mailing list is not being managed properly. In the last 30 days, 22 messages were spam or replies to it, while only 7 were related to OSM (excluding automated ones). That's a ratio of 3:1 spam:ham, and it means that only 1 in 4 messages arriving on the list are actually relevant - ridiculous!

I feel the situation is getting out of hand and although it's the only way I keep in touch with community, I am thinking about unsubscribing.

If you feel that filtering SPF fail or implementing spam filtering is too much, perhaps you could make use of a graylist with confirmations? I would appreciate any change - it's difficult to filter this out on client side without false positives.

Cheers,
rhn