[Mailman] How to convert a .osm file to a .shp file

Zhai Alexander zhaimj2018 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:18:12 UTC 2019

To whom it may concern,
       I am writing to inquire *how to convert a A.osm file to a A.shp
file.*
       Currently, I use the Osmium Tool to extract OSM historical data for
2008. The extracted format is .osm. However, I need to use data in .shp
format. I tried to convert the format using QGIS, but there is no attribute
data after file conversion, such as land. Type, road grade, etc.
       Would you please send me how to  convert .osm data to .shp data? Is
there professional software? Or what kind of conversion method can not lose
attribute data?
       Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.

                                                     Best Wishes,
Mingjian Zhai