[Mailman] Mail lists - config check

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 17 10:31:48 UTC 2019

On 17/01/2019 10:29, Tom Ka wrote:

> I was not able to find exact contact, so try some generic.
> I'm one of admins of talk-cz and have little trouble with archive behavior:
>
> for example here:
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-cz/2019-January/020602.html
> at the end it removed HTML attachment and placed it in a file on web:
>
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-cz/attachments/20190117/9d16045d/attachment.html
>
> but the URL is with http:// not https:// as all the rest of mail lists.
>
> This seems to be a global mailman configuration not a per list option,
> so could you please check that and switch it to https if possible
> (browsers are more and more unhappy with mixed content, so this would
> make less our readers confused)

Please open a ticket and I'll have a look - the problem is that any fix
will only apply to new messages unless we regenerate all the archives
which will be a very big job.

Note that this is not mixed content - mixed content is where a single
page loads resources from both http and https. A hyperlink from an https
page to an http page does not count and won't trigger a warning.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/