[Mapcss] multi-strokes and subparts

Tue Jul 13 16:42:56 BST 2010

On 2010-07-11, Sebastian Klein wrote:
> Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> Question: You say that subpart styles override generic style even if it
> comes later in the file. And the line
>
> > way [highway]::*
>
> suggests that it applies to all subparts and consequently overrides them
> all if it comes later in the file. But you write it is synonym to "way
> [highway]", could you clarify?

Well, I just made ::* be a synonym for the generic case for now. And
generic rules never override rules for specific subparts. But that is
mainly just to make my implementation easier. I agree that ::* should
probably override things too.

> Btw., it could be useful to be able to override style for all subparts:
> E.g. override the anti-aliasing for efficiency or make everything
> transparent (by a certain factor (?)), ...
?
Can you give an example? Like this:

way [highway]::centerline {bezier:yes;}
way [highway]::highlight {bezier:yes;}

way [highway]::* {bezier:no;}

> What is
> > way [highway]::
'::' is just another specific subpart. I wrote that to make sure that no
one things that:

way [highway]::
overrides
way [highway]::centerline

because (in my implementation) it does not.

This is all open to discussion of course.
Sebastian