[Mapcss] (Pseudo-)Classes interrogations

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Jul 19 01:38:19 BST 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 23:42, Andrew O. Shadoura <bugzilla at tut.by> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On Sunday 18 July 2010 23:29:43 Chris Browet wrote:
> > Fourthly, potlach.css seems to use a bunch of pseudo-classes not in the
> > spec. It would be nice to add them (and their meaning) to the spec as
> they
> > are added to potlach.
>
> It seems to me that potlach.css isn't a valid MapCSS 0.2, as it uses
>
> > > way .highlighted { color: pink; }
>
> and other things not in the spec.
>
> You can refer to Kothic's MapCSS 0.2 rules, you can find them here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/kothic/source/browse#hg/src/styles

Pretty please, let's not argue about whose implementation is right or wrong
at this point. Otherwise, we'll have as many MapCSS "interpretations" as
there will be implementations, and MapCSS as a standard will fail.

At this point, let's clarify/complete the specs. Then we can at least have a
document to base our implementations on.

On a side note, Richard being the creator of MapCSS (AFAIK), I tend to
consider Potlach 2 as the reference implementation unless proved wrong.
OTOH, it may be that potlach.css is not a proper base. If so, please tell
me...

- Chris -