[Mapcss] Regexp as attribute selection

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:22:47 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> I'd strongly like to stick with regexes.

Just chiming in from the peanut gallery - I agree. The original
assertion that there are "as many syntaxes of regex as there are
implementations" is [citation needed]. PCRE is standard...and
inventing a new syntax isn't a good solution anyway.

The few real variations in syntax are only at the edges (how do you
specify case-specific, how do you specify negative look-ahead?) The
core regex syntax of wildcard matching is absolutely standard.

Steve