[Mapcss] (Pseudo-)Classes interrogations

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Jul 19 10:23:07 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 09:38, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> Chris Browet wrote:
>
>> On a side note, Richard being the creator of MapCSS (AFAIK), I tend to
>> consider Potlach 2 as the reference implementation unless proved wrong.
>> OTOH, it may be that potlach.css is not a proper base. If so, please
>> tell me...
>>

> Potlatch 2 has what you might call a proto-MapCSS. Because I've been
> working on other aspects of Potlatch 2 over the past couple of months, I've
> not been able to give MapCSS the time and attention it needs, so P2's
> parser/renderer hasn't evolved as much as I'd like.
>
> So the idea behind this mailing list is to arrive at a better 0.2 by
> consensus. :) I wouldn't assume that Potlatch 2 is a reference
> implementation as yet.

Okay. Back to my original questions. Who's "right" so far, the wiki page,
Kothic, P2, ... ?
Will you at some point align P2 to the wiki or Kothic or...?

IMHO, the wiki should hold the (current) truth, whatever discussions on the
list/elsewhere...
OTOH, unless mistaken, Kothic is the only working implementation so far (is
it aligned with the current spec?)...

- Chris -