[Mapcss] relative width for overlays

Komяpa me at komzpa.net
Sun Oct 3 15:49:47 BST 2010

>> Thanks for you answers! Because it is so common, I was tempted to use a
>> shortcut:
>>
>>    width: +4;
>
> I was going to suggest the same thing. I think the notion of "define
> this width relative to another width" is so common, it's worth having
> notation for it.

This syntax should be thought more to be pushed into more-or-less
standard mapcss.

1) it becomes a lot harder to parse. +1 and 1 are considered the same
in most programming languages, so you can't just linearly transform
mapcss into (for example) JSON form, also can't even hold in a single
variable.

2) what should be used for a base for adding and substracting widths?

3) Most of those use-cases are well-covered (IMHO) with casing thing.

--
Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
OSMF BY Team
xmpp:me at komzpa.net mailto:me at komzpa.net