[Mapcss] Multi-Value Condition

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:03:07 BST 2011

On 08/01/2011 06:17 PM, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Paul Hartmann wrote:
>> PS: I thought, I've seen this notation in Kothic or Ceyx somewhere, but
>> couldn't find it right now.
>
> Maybe it was a regex?
>
> way[highway=~/residential|unclassified/]

Right...

The question remains if way[highway=residential|unclassified] is
superfluous syntactic sugar, or if it is worth adding it to the standard
as handy and intuitive notation.

(For a someone, who isn't familiar with programming, the regex notation
may look strange and the programmer might be worried about performance...)

Just noticed, that in XAPI you can write it like this as well:
.../api/0.6/way[highway=residential|unclassified]

Paul