[Mapcss] Kothic JS - a full-featured JavaScript map rendering engine using HTML5 Canvas

Ab_fab gamma.gts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:54:40 BST 2011

Hi,

FYI, there is a set of SRTM data already converted into OSM xml format at
the following URL
http://geoweb.hft-stuttgart.de/SRTM/srtm_as_osm/

And also this tentative (by Igor Brejc) to store isohypses in a compact
binary format
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Isohypse_Binary_File

(taken from http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SRTM)
2011/6/30 Komяpa <me at komzpa.net>

> > Would it be possible to include elevation data (SRTM or eq.) in the
> tiles,
> > in order to allow the generation of contour lines and even hillshading
> > during rendering ?
>
> SRTM data is raster in the source. I think that current tiles
> implementation won't handle that well, it needs different approach.
> Though, it's not impossible and might be interesting.
>
> Feel free to add your ideas to our tracker:
> https://github.com/kothic/kothic-js/issues
>

> --
>  Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
> OSM BY Team