[Mapcss] Web browser mapping test

Komяpa me at komzpa.net
Sat Jun 18 13:57:42 BST 2011

Hi,

If you've got a couple of free minutes, and you've got a good
eyesight, please take part in this thing. And don't forget to ask your
friends to check it too.

It will help others to develop cool browser-based maps, that won't put
lots of load onto server. But for that, we need fast and consistent
browsers behavior.

So, open your favorite browser (and a couple of others) on available
devices (PC, Mac, laptop, mobile device, different OSes..),
and point it to URL http://kothic.org/js/

Wait the page to load fully. Check:
[ ] the time it needs to be rendered - it should be below 2 seconds
typically for each tile on PC ("Total ms" - panel on the right), not
tens of seconds and of course not minutes;
[ ] the thin lines look good, have no random gaps and are anti-aliased well;
[ ] horizontal labels don't become blurry, and all glyphs are looking good;
[ ] fonts are anti-aliased according to your system's settings, and
don't have "jumpy" effect when are following paths;
[ ] transparent labels are transparent. Good to check with "Минск"
label in the center of your screen after page load - it should be
grey, not black;
[ ] there are no disappearing letters on labels that follow the streets curves;
[ ] bold fonts on streets are consistently bold, letters look the same
amount of bold with every angle. If unsure, recheck with
http://osmosnimki.ru/kothic/text-rotate.
[ ] something else that we haven't found yet?

Note: Labels can be different among different browsers - that's OK,
providing that they look good, have no gaps and so on.

If you've found any of these problems, please report that as issue to
your browser development team.

A CC/BCC or a link to a report (if applicable) to me at komzpa.net would
be nice, too - I'll add reports to the list at Kothic JS's wiki.

There's a list of already reported bugs on Kothic JS's wiki - don't
hesitate to add your comments
(browser version, video card brand, OS, how you wish for it to be
fixed, ...) to the reports, and ping the developers about that
in IRC (or any other ways you know). Or, if you're able, fix them? ;)

https://github.com/kothic/kothic-js/wiki/Browser-bugs

Thanks for the attention. Let's make maps better! :3

If you think that you've found a bug in Kothic JS which is not
browser's bug, please report it to
https://github.com/kothic/kothic-js/issues

--
Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski