[Mapcss] MapCSS and Overpass API

Andrew Shadura bugzilla at tut.by
Sat Nov 26 15:40:06 GMT 2011

Hello,

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:37:03 +0100
Roland Olbricht <roland.olbricht at gmx.de> wrote:

> - Changing literals to allow all kinds of special characters if they
> are written in quotation marks, e.g. [name="With white space [and
> brackets]"], according to the XML rules.

As for the first part of the sentence, that's allowed already. As for
the second, I don't quite understand what do you mean when you say 'XML
rules'.

> - Some extensions for the declarations, mostly { xml ...; } to output
> found data as XML.

But MapCSS wasn't meant to be used for that, no?

> - The permission to arbitrarily remove or add white space unless
> required to distinguish two literals.

Isn't that allowed already?

> The options I see would be to

I'd prefer:

> - Not do this at all and make a deliberate distinct query language.

I think of something like XPath, so

> /api/interpreter?rel[ref="CE 61"]way node{xml body;}

would be something like:

xml(/rel[ref="CE 61"]/way/node)

--
WBR, Andrew