[Mapcss] Ruby PDF renderer

Mon Oct 10 20:49:09 BST 2011

I've just published an early version of a MapCSS PDF renderer in Ruby:
	https://github.com/systemed/MapPDF

Essentially: take some OSM data and a MapCSS stylesheet, and get a nice
PDF map out of the end of it. It works in conjunction with the excellent
Prawn PDF library and with Jochen Topf's OSMlib, and with the MapCSS
parser I released previously.

Plenty of things aren't implemented yet, but there's a few things it
does more nicely than the AS3 Halcyon engine, such as basic collision
avoidance, better offset text-on-path, and support for canvas fill. I
wanted to have a PDF renderer in a scripting language so that I could
make websites that generate an updated map of an area every week. One
day I'll make a gem out of it.

If you can't summon up the energy to look at the code, here's Charlbury:
	https://github.com/systemed/MapPDF/blob/master/map.pdf?raw=true

cheers
Richard