[Mapcss] meta

Paul Hartmann phaaurlt at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 11:08:11 BST 2012

On 05/01/2012 11:39 AM, Kal Conley wrote:
> Am 5/1/12 11:14 AM, schrieb Komяpa:
>> 1) meta{}.
>>
>> That thing was used as josm's standard way to store info about
>> stylesheet, like its name and author.
>>
>> I think it's worth it - even if most will just ignore its content, it
>> can be used to store mapcss revision number and be used by something
>> like libmagic to guess that it's mapcss file at all.
> I would suggest maybe something like @meta{} instead of meta{}. As its
> not really a selector and should be handled specially. The @ symbol
> makes it more obvious that this is the case. What do people think?

Much like canvas it is a selector that applies to an additional
(abstract) object that holds the meta information of the style sheet.

I'm not sure if adding an @ sign in front would ease implementation or
improve the understanding.

More complete example, cascading can be used for easy internationalization.

meta {
  title: "Parking lanes";
restrictions.";
  link: "http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:parking:lane";
  author: "Sebastian Klemm, Kay Drangmeister";
  version: "0.8_2012-03-06";
  mapcss: ">=0.2";
  extensions: "layer,offset";
}