[Mapcss] pgmapcss version 0.5

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 10 04:18:20 UTC 2014

Hi!

After 3 months there's finally a new release: version 0.5.0.
Find the code here: https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss

It is a major rewrite of the parser, the compiler and the mapnik
preprocessor. The former versions were mainly in plpgsql (the PostgreSQL
database procedure language) with some Shell and Perl code where plpgsql
was not appropriate (e.g. for file system access, which is not possible
from the database).

Now, all these parts have been re-written in Python3. Only some support
functions, e.g. for database queries and the eval functions remain. Also,
the mapcss stylesheets compile to plpgsql functions.

There were also some optimizations which I actually did before the rewrite
- I think I should have released a version 0.4.1 at that time.

For more information about the release check the CHANGELOG[1] file. Also,
check the installation instructions in [2]. Please report isses on [3].

[1] https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss/blob/master/CHANGELOG.creole
[2] https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss/blob/master/doc%2Finstall.md
[3] https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss/issues

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich