[Mapcss] Information from all relations which include one identical way

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 07:37:00 UTC 2014

Hi!

> Could it be solved using lists?

That is not my problem. I can easily (as easy as it gets in mapcss ;-) )
sum up all information to one piece, but I simply don't get all the
information.

My current selector selects one to-way with one random relation. So I can
display the information from this one, random relation (using parent_tag).
But I can't find any way to get access to any other relation.

I thought of setting some kind of flag to remember what relation I have
already processed and then use a second selector which uses that
information to not(!) select the same relation again. But I can't get it
work.

What would work for me would be a small extension to the selectors:
currently if you use a child selector, the child (in my case: the way) is
only selected once, even if there were multiple parents. So the following
rule will only be executed once, even if there would by more than one
relation:

relation[type="destination_sign"] >[role="to"] way
{
  whatever: eval(is_prop_set(whatever)?(whatever+1):(0));
}

If it would be possible to tell mapcss to re-interpret this rule for every
fitting relation (maybe using >> instead of >), at least my problem would
be solved.

Best regards,
Martin