[Mapcss] pgmapcss version 0.7.0

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 21 17:48:38 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:47:12PM +0200, Paul Hartmann wrote:
> A lot of features, sounds great!
>
> Btw., I've converted the main Mapnik style to MapCSS some time ago,
> maybe this is useful for pgmapcss?
>
> [1] <https://github.com/bastik/mapcss-tools/blob/osm/mapnik2mapcss/osm-results/mapnik.mapcss>

Oh, interesting. I just gave it a try and the results are really promising.
Only thing is that it doesn't really work with Mapnik 2.2 (too many
possible combinations of properties, the resulting style files is HUGE).
I attached an example image using pgmapcss with Mapnik 3.0.

I noticed, there's quite a lot of JOSM-specific code (like "way[!bridge?]"
selectors), therefore not everything gets rendered (like buildings).
This should improve with the next release, as one of my next goals is the
improvement of JOSM compatibility.

As your mapcss style file is hidden in some subdirectory of a branch which
has not been used for a couple of years, I took the liberty of creating a
new repository containing the style and the symbols:
https://github.com/plepe/openstreetmap-mapcss
(following the naming convention of the CartoCSS re-implementation of same
style: https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/)

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich