[MapRoulette] Challenge Tutorial
osm-peda at won2.de
Fri Oct 31 22:19:05 UTC 2014
Martijn van Exel schrieb:
> If you already have gone through the challenge creation process, I would
> really appreciate it if you could give me feedback on this.
I have read the tutorial and I think it would have helped me :) I have
some random comments, perhaps some can be used to improve the tutorial
even further. Anyway, I like it already as is.
* It's in the curl line but remention that one needs to set the
Content-Type of the http header to application/json
* It's perhaps not obvious to everyone, why you can use the osmid in
GeoJSON's properties without a leading 'n' or 'w' (or 'r'). You should
note that this is dependent on the actual geometry type.
* If you upload the challenge, you need POST, you named that. However,
it might not be obvious that you need PUT for updates. This might be
confusing as you don't see the challenge without tasks. So one might
wrongly assume he still has to POST to create the challenge
* Sanity checks: You did miss to upload tasks. Only the challenge was
uploaded and thus it will not be visible at all. Btw, this should be
noted, too: Challenges are only visible as long as there are open
tasks (perhaps in the Maintainance section)
* Also note that one can activate/deactivate tasks (e.g. emergency
disabling the challenge due to a task upload bug)
* I'd note the 5000 task limit (even though it's in the API doc)
And finally some notes about the API docs that got me "confused".
* Bulk create/update of tasks can change the status, too. One can upload
JSON that *only* contains identifier and status.
* What are valid values for status to be sent to the server. Afair
there's a mismatch of values returned and values that can be set or
something like that.
* And the difference between 'available', 'created', 'editing' and
'skipped' might not be obvious. Especially which of these have to be
"maintained" to be available again and which ones will be made
Hope some of that helps. And while much of it is already explained in
the API docs, I think redundancy helps to get things right.
More information about the MapRoulette