[MapRoulette] MapRoulette v2 plans

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Feb 23 19:19:45 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am working on a new version of MapRoulette. It will be a few months but I
wanted to give you all a heads up. I am at a decision point where I need to
decide if I want to keep backwards compatibility for the challenge
administration API. I'd rather not because it involves extra work and gets
in the way of rethinking what I want MapRoulette to be. What I would rather
do is offer help with migrating whatever scripts you may have written to
maintain challenges to the new API. But I would appreciate any feedback on
this.

This would also be a great time to hear your ideas about the future of
MapRoulette - what big new features have you been missing, how could
MapRoulette be much better at what it is meant to be doing --> helping
people fix OpenStreetMap one bug at a time?

I would love to hear from you.
Best,
Martijn