[MapRoulette] [Talk-us] A New MapRoulette update
jschleuss at me.com
Wed Jun 22 16:42:16 UTC 2016
I've really enjoyed the update to MapRoulette!
- It's hard to find projects that other users add. Will they be added to the "Latest" section after the project gets out of beta? I've been jumping around the project numbers in the URL, but that doesn't seem like a good way to see the universe of projects.
- Sometimes when I got straight to my project via the URL, it only does one task before jumping into the featured project (aerodromes or motorways).
- It logs out pretty often, maybe every hour?
- Could the zoom level be manually set in the project settings? Some of the projects I'm thinking of working on are pretty small.
- Is there a way to bring in data for each task? Sort of a combination between the HOT tasking manager and MapRoulette? Like, "add this bus stop to this spot if none is there." I see some people have added the information to the geojson object, but that seems a slow process of copying over the tags.
I'm really stoked you've allowed folks to add their own projects! It'll really help some things we have planned for Southern California. Good work!
On Jun 10, 2016, at 08:11 AM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:
I wanted to give a quick update on New MapRoulette. Mainly because went through some breaking updates to the server last night which causes the database to be purged. This should not happen much more as we get closer to a final release. I have populated the database with a good number of tasks so there is something to do.
After this update, the most significant new feature is that every user who logs in for the first time now gets a Project that (s)he owns. Within that Project, you can create as many challenges as you want. See it as your own space within MapRoulette that you own. The challenge creation process is newly enhanced with GeoJSON support. You can now create tasks for your challenge in three ways: 1) Overpass query 2) Upload GeoJSON and 3) point to a GeoJSON file on the internet. New MapRoulette will consume the GeoJSON and turn every Feature into a Task. I invite you to try it out!
Before release, we will also improve the challenge search / discovery process. If you have ideas about this, let me know as well.
Finally, I marked a few issues as 'low hanging fruit'. If you want to contribute to MapRoulette, perhaps those are a good start. They are mainly front end glitches that should be easy to fix. Of course, if you want to dive deeper into the back end, that's great too ;)
If you haven't tried New MapRoulette yet, head over to http://maproulette.org:8080/ and let me know what you think.
Feel free to translate / forward this to your local lists.
Talk-us mailing list
Talk-us at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MapRoulette