[MapRoulette] MapRoulette 2.0.1 beta released

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Jun 27 19:34:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I deployed a new version 2.0.1 of MapRoulette at http://maproulette.org:8080 yesterday. A lot of things have been changed and added since the initial 2.0.0 version. Here are the highlights:

* Everyone now gets their own project automatically upon logging in. Under your project, you can create as many challenges as you like.
* You can create challenges using a GeoJSON file, either local or via a URL
* The home page now initially shows all challenges. It uses a centroid to indicate locations. Click on it to get basic information and metrics about that challenge. Use the map to explore challenges around the world! (There are not many online yet, why not make your own?)
* You can now view all your challenge tasks on a map from the admin interface (Challenge -> Options -> View)
* The Metrics page has been improved to show an overview of all (visible) challenges.

Also many minor fixes and updates. One small thing I got a lot of requests for is the ability to make your own projects visible, which is now possible. Your project’s visibility overrides visibility of individual challenges. So if your project is not visible, none of your challenges will not be visible either. If a challenge is visible, it will appear in the search results, on the map, and in the metrics.

For 2.0.2, we are focusing on challenge filtering and per-challenge settings. That will likely be the first non-beta release. We will retire MapRoulette v1 in a couple of weeks.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!
Martijn