[MapRoulette] MapRoulette find your challenge? Your opinions please.

tuxayo victor at tuxayo.net
Fri Jul 21 20:11:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 2017-07-21 19:43, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> I have not been happy with how hard it is for a user of MapRoulette to
> find interesting challenges.

+1, I also struggle to find a challenge without too much false positives
or too hard to fix stuff. (e.g. due to too bad imagery)

> I am looking for input on how to make that
> easier. A short blog post explaining more is
> at
http://blog.improve-osm.org/en/2017/07/find-your-maproulette-challenge/ .

I'm reposing here my reply [1] in case that can give other people ideas.

Here is one possibility:
Sort the challenges by Fixed(+ maybe Already Fixed?) / (False
Positive+Too hard to fix+Skipped)

Input data:
If the last month has more than 30 tasks marked fixed, skipped, etc
    use data from last month
else
    use lasts 30 tasks marked fixed, skipped, etc

30 is kind of arbitrary
Big enough so one contributor doesn't influence it too much.
But not too big so use data from last month if possible. To have fresh
data and not stale because of a contributor having skipped too much and
not enough other contributors.

One month is also kind of arbitrary.

Cheers,

--