[Merkaartor] Locale handling and version cleanup

Dirk Stoecker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Apr 15 08:51:20 BST 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, bvh wrote:

>> attached are two diffs for review, which fix 2 problems:
>>
>> a) Version numbering between release and internal stuff differ.
>>    Versioning now is completely in project file (also enabling dist
>>    targets, but untested).
>
> Good for me. Thanks. Please add a CHANGELOG entry.

Done.

>> b) Second patch includes translation packaging into the project file.
>>    In packaging the calling now is:
>>     lrelease Merkaartor.pro
>>     qmake PREFIX=/usr Merkaartor.pro
>>     make
>>     make install
>>    I'm not totally happy with this, but found no better way. I would like
>>    to have the lrelease done automatically, but don't know how.
>>
>>    The patch is ifdef'ed, so any previous/local method will still work.
>
> Works for me too. I am wondering if we are pushing the boundaries
> of what qmake can do for us. Anyone has experience with possible
> alternatives?

I added this as well, thought a lot reworked. I changed some of the
structures to allow translation of certain strings and things like that.

Please everybody using a localized version (wont affect english :-) check
if there is something broken:

- localized texts appearing in config files or at other places, where
   they shouldn't be
- missing user-visible localization in "de" (I can't update "fr" :-)

P.S. For me i18n support is a new release reason. The RPM packages at
openSUSE buildservice switched to current SVN now.

P.P.S. The version handling now allows to have something like "0.11svn"
or "0.11beta" as number. This is the method I use for pavuk, to distingush
released and development versions.

Ciao