[Merkaartor] [OSM-dev] Crowd Sourced Testing of OSM 0.6 API

Shaun McDonald Shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sat Dec 13 15:49:14 GMT 2008

On 13 Dec 2008, at 10:21, Tom Hughes wrote:

> Chris Browet wrote:
>
>> Tom, I think Merkaartor must be doing something wrong vs. the http
>> server you are using on the api06.dev server.
>>
>> Curl-ing the request to the server is ok, apparently Shaun's local
>> is ok
>> but I cannot get anything else than zero-sized to the api06 server
>> from
>> Merkaartor when PUT-ting.
>>
>> Would you be able to check the logs of the http server to check for
>> relevant messages?
>
> The test server is nothing to do with me.

The test server was setup by Thomas Wood (Edgemaster) and I also have
read access to it.

I've noticed that there is a changeset created by Merkaartor.
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/31 and
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/30

Therefore it seems that it can be done.

It looks like it may be an issue with the way that passenger or Apache
is dealing with the requests, which isn't showing up in any it the
other editors or application servers. (When I'm running locally with
webrick, I see now issue).

Shaun