[Merkaartor] Icon themes (re: #948)

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sun Dec 14 17:05:06 GMT 2008

If you want to go the theme way, I would suggest taking the same route as
Style & Templates, i.e. a XML file describing the icons.

Now, there is the problem of the icons distribution. We cannot bundle all
possible icons into the Merkaartor executable, so we must have some kind of
"Icon package" containing both the xml and the icons.

That "package" will then be referenced in the preferences.

A lot of work for some trivial, subjective aesthetic reasons, IMHO.
Personally, I don't mind you just changing the hardcoded icons, if they are
deemed better.

- Chris -