[Merkaartor] Splitting a road and other problems

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Mon Dec 29 16:34:07 GMT 2008

On 29.12.2008 17:17 CE(S)T, Daniel Hermann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 03:49:53PM +0100, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> I seem to have a problem with this mailing list. Only every second
>> message arrives here. My own original mail and the one I'm replying to
>> did not come over the list. Are there any known problems with it?
>
> That was probably me erroneously replying to your address only and not to
> the list. I resent the message afterwards to the list, so you may have
> received my message twice. Sorry for that.

True, I got it twice directly, but it never arrived here through the
list. Nor did my message you've now replied on.

> gpsbabel simplifies the tracks so that it leaves out points that lie
> in a straight line or very close to each other. I didn't find any
> decrease of precision significant for the actual mapping.

Okay, so it's a bit smarter that it sounded. I need to take a closer
look at that. There was an article about that algorithm in c't magazine
recently, which could be what you're referring to.

>> Actually, I don't even need to see GPS points. The track line would be
>> enough. But I can only hide points for all layers, so I also lose the
>> map, way and road points I'm supposed to work on...
>
> In addition to the "visible" flag, layers could have an "active" flag,
> indicating whether they are responsive for any interaction (snap to
> points, move).

This is a proposal, not a present feature, right? I was first surprised
to hear that this would be possible, but couldn't find it in the
programme... :)