[Merkaartor] Issues with recent changes

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sat Jul 5 11:12:31 BST 2008

Ok, I think I solved most of your problems.

2008/7/3 Sven Lankes <sven at lank.es>:

>  * Showing PNGs for trackpoints makes merkaartor sloooooooowww. I am
>     unable to find a way to revert to the old way of showing "grey dots"

- Added a preference option to disable styling on track layers.
BTW, you had icons on all your trackpoints due to your GPS setting a name on
each of them. For styling, it means POI -> icon.

>  * Deleting a single waypoint deletes more than the one waypoint

- Right from the origin, deleting a trackpoint actually deleted the whole
segment. Now solved.

>  * Zooming in makes merkaartor slooooow (see screenshots).

This is a multi-faceted problem:
1) You had a "loose" point far from the rest of you track.
2) Qt has a bug in that drawing a line offscreen to a large virtual canvas
takes an unbearable long time.
3) You could not delete the loose point
4) The Merkaartor attempt to cope with this with our own clipping was not
optimal.

As far as possible, should be solved now.

Regards
- Chris -