[Merkaartor] RFC: Roadmap 0.11

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Tue Mar 25 20:48:07 GMT 2008

Andreas Laas <merkaartor at iera.de> writes:

> On Tuesday 25 March 2008 10:52:34 Chris Browet wrote:
>> 1) "Legal" yahoo map background (needs QT 4.4) (refs #676)
>
> hi,
> i would like this feature most, it helps a great deal with rivers and
> buildings. but the other features are also very nice!

Same here :) I also have some more things for the feature list, I'll
file them in Trac.

Thanks again Chris for fixing 752 (Maximum zoom is not high
enough). I now realized though that this will lead to a problem with
the Yahoo! background: you want to work with the highest zoom level
they show actual maps for - but they also deliver these grey tiles
with "We're sorry, the data you have requested is
unavailable. [...]".

So we somehow need to find out whether they are delivering this grey
tile (much preferrable), or allow the user to "pin" the highest
usable zoom level for an area.

Cheers
  Colin