[Merkaartor] Street Lighting style

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Fri Mar 28 00:05:08 GMT 2008

Hi,

I played a bit around with a style that simulates a night mode with
street lighting on. For that, I added the lit=yes tag to some
ways. The result can be seen at
   http://oerks.net/~colin/merkaartor_street_lighting2.png

A use case is selecting routes for running, which I mainly do when
it's dark, so I prefer lit ways.

This also confirms that Bart's fix from
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/755 works
(<selector expr="[highway] is residential and [lit] is yes"/>)

One thing that makes this non-optimal: there is no background for
the OSM data layer that can be specified in the style file, just the
canvas background. I kinda faked it with the background tile layer
set to low opacity (a setting that isn't saved in the session BTW).

And of course, the style file needs to repeat everything, one time
with lit=yes and one time without it; there is no cascading of
styles (otherwise we would have cascading style sheets, right? :)

Cheers
  Colin