[Merkaartor] Open/New/Import

Daniel van Gerpen dvg at jccnet.de
Sun Mar 30 23:02:12 BST 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:56:58 +0100
bvh <bvh-osm at irule.be> wrote:

[..]
> Import -> Merge

Today I discovered that when importing a file, the zoom is
always reset to the whole track (or the bounding box of
all tracks or something).

This became annoying when I wanted to edit a small area and
kept adding various bigger tracks for that. Every time it
zoomed out. Grmbl. I worked around it with a bookmark.

I would propose to leave the zoom as is if a file is imported
as an additional layer. For the first layer I agree that the
current behaviour is quite useful.

A "Zoom to layers bounding box" entry in the context menu of
each track in the layers dock would be cool.

Same for a rename action for the layers. And a way to upload
the raw GPX tracks. Oh well, actually using the tool
dramatically increases my wishlist :-)

Regards,
Daniel

icq: 325757678  jabber:balug at jabber.org