[Merkaartor] i18n?

Daniel van Gerpen dvg at jccnet.de
Sun Mar 30 23:17:43 BST 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:22:20 +0100
Colin Marquardt <colin at marquardt-home.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> could someone who is familiar with i18n in Qt set this up for
> merkaartor and mark up some strings as an example? I (or someone
> else) can then take care of the rest of the strings, and provide
> translations.

The assistant-qt4 tool/the qt reference documentation offers an
overview about what to do in the article "Internationalization
with Qt":

  1. Add translations files to merkaartor's .pro file
     TRANSLATIONS    = merkaartor_de.ts
  2. run "lupdate-qt4 Merkaartor.pro"
  3. Edit the *.ts files with linguist-qt4

Addtionally the app has to provide some setup code for the translator
infrastructure to work.

Regards,
Daniel