[Merkaartor] Can anyone check my latest build related changes?

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Fri May 2 06:46:36 BST 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:12:27PM +0200, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
> > For unix we use merkaartor provided webkit. Recommended method
> > of compiling : 1. install prerequisites 2. qmake All.pro 3. make
> > I hope packagers will be able to deal with this and binary
> > release of merkaartor for the most common distributions
> > (debian, (k)ubuntu, fedora and gentoo) appear soon.
> > We re-evaluate the situation after KDE 4.1 is released in the
> > hope that we can switch over to Qt 4.4.0 webkit at the latest
> > by the end of 2008.
> Actually this is anyway a decision of the packager. From my point of
> view upstream (i.e. you) can only make suggestions :-) I very likely will
> not use a local webkit, but build against QT4.4.0 packages.

If that is possible, even better. But I was assuming that 4.4.0
packages for distros where still a long way of. Glad to be mistaken!
Sooner we can move to external webkit, the better.

> Till now I was unable to get a working Yahoo-merkaartor version anway, as
> I did not get local webkit to work with my system, where webkit is already
> installed (thought I also did not spend lots of time with it :-).

This is exactly what my recent fixes fixed : a working yahoo-merkaartor
with external webkit-coming-from-qt-4.4.0. Just do
svn update; export NOWEBKIT=yes; qmake Merkaartor.pro; make
and you should all be set. Rev 7611 fixed the compilation for this
case and rev 7612+7613 fixed making it actually work!

cu bart