[Merkaartor] Can anyone check my latest build related changes?

Dirk Stoecker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri May 2 10:17:58 BST 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008, bvh wrote:

>> Actually this is anyway a decision of the packager. From my point of
>> view upstream (i.e. you) can only make suggestions :-) I very likely will
>> not use a local webkit, but build against QT4.4.0 packages.
>
> If that is possible, even better. But I was assuming that 4.4.0
> packages for distros where still a long way of. Glad to be mistaken!
> Sooner we can move to external webkit, the better.

It isn't so easy. Qt4.4.0 for suse will surely be part of 11.0. But the
buildservice builds e.g. KDE also for older distributions and they always
have recent Qt there. Anyway I then need to split builds in a Qt4.4.0
version and a plain distribution version or I need to build Qt4.4.0 as
a support package for merkaartor. I will see what I do, when I do it. It's
all a bit complicated, as I doing this for one package affects lots of
others. :-)

>> Till now I was unable to get a working Yahoo-merkaartor version anway, as
>> I did not get local webkit to work with my system, where webkit is already
>> installed (thought I also did not spend lots of time with it :-).
>
> This is exactly what my recent fixes fixed : a working yahoo-merkaartor
> with external webkit-coming-from-qt-4.4.0. Just do
> svn update; export NOWEBKIT=yes; qmake Merkaartor.pro; make
> and you should all be set. Rev 7611 fixed the compilation for this
> case and rev 7612+7613 fixed making it actually work!

Actually ATM it is still Qt4.3.99 BETA. Lets wait till the Qt release.
I got it to run. That was not the problem. It did not work :-) But as
yahoo is not very high resolution here for me this is still a minor topic.

Getting rid of some of merkaartor bugs regarding OSM upload/downloads are
more important.

Ciao