[Merkaartor] Merkaartor.pro recent changes

Dirk Stoecker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon May 5 14:05:27 BST 2008

Hello,

> Hi I saw you reverted a recent change from me in Merkaartor.pro (r7632)
> More specifically it is about
>
> NOWEBKIT=$$(NOWEBKIT)
> etc..
>
> Unless I misunderstand something, these are however necessary under
> at least mac and windows (can't check on linux atm)
> If the lines are not there, qmake on those platforms will not pick
> them up from the environment variables! (Even worse stuff like
> count($$(NODEBUG),0) does _also_ not work!) I know not enough about
> qmake to say if this is by design or not, but as the way things
> are now I need the assignments there.
>
> Do these lines cause a problem for you?

Yep. Actually these disable the whole idea (but don't ask my why. These
lines should make no difference). When these are there

"qmake NOUSEWEBKIT=1" does not do anything different to "qmake".

Shouldn't every nonsupplied variable be empty? Isn't that the idea of
tests like count or isempty? At least under Linux this is the case.

I don't know if the values are taken from environment or only from
command line under Linux. But the idea generally was:
a) "qmake" builds everything in debug mode (that's why )I used NOXXX names)
b) "qmake NOXXX" disables this or that feature. NODEBUG thus disabled
    debug and makes release (based on the fact the debug CONFIG
    overwrites release according to qmake docs).

At least with my Linux system the current files works like this. If it
does not work the same way with your systems there is a big problem, as if
we find a solution for my and your system, who says it will work on a
third.

Maybe we really should switch to cmake? Seems qmake makes to much trouble
when it comes to different systems.

Ciao