[Merkaartor] Vanishing ways?

Daniel van Gerpen dvg at jccnet.de
Tue May 13 21:15:58 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm a little unsure what I'm seeing here in Merkaartor, but even if I'm
seeing phantoms, I'll report it:

1. Opened Merkaartor
2. Loaded GPX Track
3. Zoomed in and downloaded OSM data
4. Added several roads and paths

5. Followed GPX Tracks a little further
6. Added several roads and paths
7. Uploaded changes

8. Repeated 5,6,7 multiple times

This all worked without problems. Now I looked at the app again and see
that there are roads missing where they used to be (Mapnik and T at H tile-
servers stilled showed them). My first two assumptions:

1. I made a mistake and deleted the roads during the edit
2. Somebody else messed up the place

The second one I think I can rule out, because when I started another merkaartor
session to downloaded the osm data for the area again, the roads were still in
place.

This left me with option 1, so I clicked undo to the end of the undo-history
but the roads never came back. But as I successfully uploaded all my changes
I have the strange feeling that something is awry here.

Merkaartor: svn r7743
Linux:      Ubuntu 8.04 with qt 4.3.4

Regards,
Daniel