[Merkaartor] Vanishing ways?

Dirk Stoecker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed May 14 07:27:36 BST 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008, Daniel van Gerpen wrote:

> This all worked without problems. Now I looked at the app again and see
> that there are roads missing where they used to be (Mapnik and T at H tile-
> servers stilled showed them). My first two assumptions:
>
> 1. I made a mistake and deleted the roads during the edit
> 2. Somebody else messed up the place
>
> The second one I think I can rule out, because when I started another merkaartor
> session to downloaded the osm data for the area again, the roads were still in
> place.
>
> This left me with option 1, so I clicked undo to the end of the undo-history
> but the roads never came back. But as I successfully uploaded all my changes
> I have the strange feeling that something is awry here.

Actually this does not sound as if the road is deleted, but more like you
messed around with the road and it is no longer drawn. This could be
caused by wrong tags (e.g. you joined a primary and a secondary road and
now type is highway=primary;secondary).

Can you give a link to the area you talk about (e.g. using the webeditor
potlach).

The only way to get a deleted way back seems to be the potlatch editor
option 'U' at the moment. Nothing for POI's till now.

Ciao