[Merkaartor] merkaartor freezes while opening gpx files

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sat May 17 15:51:21 BST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 09:36:14AM +0200, bvh wrote:

> The hang was somewhere in Qt dqshstroker, which really surprises me.
> For now I do not have a good idea on this one.

I have given up on using merkaartor on this F9 instance for now as I
have long run out of things to try.

I have now installed merkaartor svn on a vm running Ubuntu 8.04 and I am
running into a new problem there:

Using API 0.5 I can download osm data, change it and upload it (at least
the upload doesn't fail in any visible way). The changes aren't saved on
the osm server. If I use the "Download More" function, merkaartor
redownloads the osm-data and my local changes are gone. Merkaartor seems
to have an internal state of "failed upload" tho because hitting upload
again after a seemingly failed upload tries to upload the data again.

I have also tried the 0.6 api but that doesn't work at all - 404 Errors
when downloading.

This doesn't seem to be a server issue - I have successfully uploaded
some changes with josm-latest (no idea which api version josm uses).

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net