[Merkaartor] merkaartor freezes while opening gpx files

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sun May 18 19:17:33 BST 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 06:23:13PM +0200, bvh wrote:

>> Using API 0.5 I can download osm data, change it and upload it (at least
>> the upload doesn't fail in any visible way). The changes aren't saved on
>> the osm server. If I use the "Download More" function, merkaartor
>> redownloads the osm-data and my local changes are gone. Merkaartor seems
>> to have an internal state of "failed upload" tho because hitting upload
>> again after a seemingly failed upload tries to upload the data again.

> Can you try this with theyes making one change. For example just
> adding one tag and then uploading that already.

I just tried and I cannot reproduce the problem at all anymore. After
writing the email yesterday I tried to build some older svn-revisions to
see where the problem was introduced but I got nowhere - the error was
there everytime I tried (at least 10 times). Now the error is gone.

Maybe something slightly diffent on the server yesterday?

>> I have also tried the 0.6 api but that doesn't work at all - 404 Errors
>> when downloading.

> There is not even exist a 0.6 server so getting 404 errors is
> certainly the expected result.

That explains a lot ;)

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net