[Merkaartor] merkaartor freezes while opening gpx files

Colin Marquardt colin at marquardt-home.de
Mon May 19 23:13:09 BST 2008

Am Sonntag, den 18.05.2008, 18:21 +0200 schrieb bvh:
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 09:18:04PM +0200, Colin Marquardt wrote:

> > ???Merkaartor SVN also seems very slow with barely any OSM data loaded
> > (this is Ubuntu Hardy amd64), much slower than I remember it being a few
> > weeks ago.
>
> This might have to do with r7623.

I guess I have found the reason - I was editing a much bigger area with
much less detail than before (all in all, there were less features in
the map than in the more crowded area, but spread out more). So
speed-wise, something in Merkaartor depends on the area the map viewport
covers more than it depends on the number of features I would say. And
it gets slower the higher the zoom. (Maybe on can even say that it is
slower the more stuff is *not* in view.)

Cheers
  Colin