[Merkaartor] Templatized tagging committed

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Nov 4 09:37:24 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, Chris Browet wrote:

> Finally, I've just committed templatized tagging to SVN.

Is there really a need to invent a new template format?

The JOSM templates are now also used outside of JOSM world and have
matured a lot. Taking that format sounds more sensible to me than
reinventing a new one.

If additional information is required I'm open to suggestion how to
implement them into JOSM's format

> A side effect of this is that string localization for tags is now in the
> ".mat" files, so sorry for the translators, but they will have to redo
> them.

Especially, as e.g. this issue is already solved in JOSM's format and
translations exist there too for multiple languages.

Ciao