[Merkaartor] Templatized tagging committed

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Fri Nov 7 17:55:56 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, bvh wrote:
>> I propose the addition of a new optional construct inside each item
>>       <selector type="expr/>
>> This would only present the item when expr evaluates to true.
>> Then we could have this in the presets file under buildings (simplified)
>>
>>       <item name="Place of worship">
>>       <combo key="religion" (list all religions).../>
>>       </item>
>>
>>       <item name="Christian church">
>>       <selector type="[religion] is christian"/>
>>       <combo key="religion" (list all religions).../>
>>       <combo key="denomination" ... (only christian denoms) />
>>       </item>
>>
>>       <item name="Muslim mosque">
>>       <selector type="[religion] is muslim"/>
>>       <combo key="religion" (list all religions).../>
>>       <combo key="denomination" ... (only Islamic denoms) />
>>       </item>
>
> Anyway I would adapt your method here:
>
> What about that:
> a) make the <selector type="[religion] is muslim"/>
>    a property of the tags:
>    <item name="Muslim mosque" condition="[religion] is muslim">
>    And also allow that for condition for other elements:
>
>   <item name="Place of worship">
>      <choice key="religion">
>        <element value="christian">
>        <element value="muslim">
>      </choice>
>      <choice key="denomination">
>        <element condition="[religion] is muslim" value="shia">
>        <element condition="[religion] is christian" value="protestant">
>      </choice>
>   </item>
>
> This is a bit harder to analyze, but has much more flexibility.

Why just not
<item name="Place of worship">
   <choice key="religion">
      <element value="Linux">
          <denomination value="Debian"/>
           <denomination value="PLD Linux"/>
       </element>
    </choice>
</item>
And let the app do the rest without inducing extra programming on it's side?
Just my two cents not really thoroughly thought of ;)

Regards,
--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś