[Merkaartor] Templatized tagging committed

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Nov 10 15:22:23 GMT 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, bvh wrote:

>> What about that:
>> a) make the <selector type="[religion] is muslim"/>
>>     a property of the tags:
>>     <item name="Muslim mosque" condition="[religion] is muslim">
>>     And also allow that for condition for other elements:
>>
>>    <item name="Place of worship">
>>       <choice key="religion">
>>         <element value="christian">
>>         <element value="muslim">
>>       </choice>
>>       <choice key="denomination">
>>         <element condition="[religion] is muslim" value="shia">
>>         <element condition="[religion] is christian" value="protestant">
>>       </choice>
>>    </item>
>>
>> This is a bit harder to analyze, but has much more flexibility.
>
> But how would that work for religions that have no denominations?

All <element> would have other conditions in this case. The programm could
then decide to either present an empty or no combo box.

Or have <choice key="denomination" condition="[religion] isnot uniquereligion">

> Or if the variant part includes something else than a combobox? Let's
> say a tag 'mass time'  that is just a simple free-form text but only
> should appear for christian faith?

That's easy: <tag name="mass time" condition="[religion] is christian">

> I am sure there are things to improve about it. It was created rather
> ad-hoc when I needed a way to specify map rendering rules and primarily
> designed to be easy to implement a parser for. Would be more than happy
> to hear what you propose.

Give me some time to think about it and to hear the opinion of my
co-workers :-)

Ciao