[Merkaartor] compile problem with current svn

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 12 16:02:25 GMT 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Chris Browet wrote:

> Yep, uic (4.3) is the culprit. I tested with an uic from a 4.3.3 Qt and it
> generates the same buggy .h.

Thanks a lot for finding this out!

> Now, we normally decided to only support 4.4 as of 0.13.
> Is it a problem for you to upgrade?
>
> Otherwise, I can dig deeper, but without guarantee...

About upgrading: I will see how the compile of Qt 4.4.3 works out
(did not find a binary for that) and install that to
a separate place and use it for merkaartor.
If that does not work, I will just stick to the last svn compile
which works for me

To prevent others to fall into the same trap, I would recommend
to change the INSTALL file accordingly, which currently
reads:
"""
* Qt 4.3.3 or later development environment

On (K)ubuntu Edgy it is sufficient to install the qt4-dev package
to satisfy these requirements.
"""

Best, Arnd