[Merkaartor] Properties Window Keeps getting larger on Qt Linux 4.4.3 (and 4.4.2?)

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Thu Nov 13 09:49:56 GMT 2008

Dear,

There is a problem with Merkaartor on Qt 4.4.3 (and apparently 4.4.2)
regarding growing properties dock.

I've made tests and even vanilla Merkaartor 0.12 with this Qt version
exhibit the problem.

The origin is the "Plastique" style which is used by default on Linux.
Apparently, some bug was introduced in the latest Qt version in this style.

Workarounds:
- Launch merkaartor with "merkaartor -style cleanlooks", or whatever Qt
style you might have installed. Cleanlooks is a cross-platform style and
installed by default.
- I would have guessed that launching Merkaartor under KDE wouldn't have
shown the problem, as KDE uses its own Qt styles, but seeing the below bug
report, it bizarelly seems to happen also. Please confirm.
- If there is an agreement, I could embed a style into Merkaartor. The
advantage would be to have out-of-the-box a common style across all
platforms. The disavantadge is that it somewhat break the Qt styling concept
and that Merkaartor will have this style whatever you do (KDE or "-style").

Regards
- Chris -