[Merkaartor] World OSB Manager

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sun Nov 23 12:39:00 GMT 2008

There is a merkaartor a functionality which allows to basically have the
entire planet directly available offline, without a database.
The planet is subdivided in regions, which are downloaded and saved in a
binary format (OSB).

The Wold OSB Manager manage the download of the regions and the conversion
in OSB format. The files are saved in the directory you specify ("World
directory"). Select "Show grid" to display the grid of Regions.
Regions already downloaded are hashed in green.
Click regions to tag them for download (blue hashing).
Click several time, until there is no hashing, to delete a region.
Click "Apply" to start the actual download from the API.

Thereafter, you can open the "world.osb" file in this directory, and every
regions you downloaded will be available for display/change in Merkaartor.

- Chris -