[Merkaartor] WinCE version

Boris Cornet BorisC at EUnet.at
Wed Oct 22 00:10:34 BST 2008

Hey Peter!

A few days ago (Sunday, October 19, 2008) you dropped the lines:
> I just tried the CAB on an iPAQ with Windows Mobile 6.
> Anyway: it basically worked on this device, but I think it is pretty
> much unusable (hate to say so). But it looks pretty cool, though!

Reading your mail I decided for another try. Unfortunately the result
is the same, however better documented (see below)

I tend to think this may be a windows mobile 5 (five) problem, since it
worked on your iPAQ running v6.

--
So long,
   Boris

===================
00:19:06  CE: Cold boot
00:20:04  CE: is up
00:20:18  PC: device mounted
00:20:25  PC: ActiveSync active

00:21:18  CE: Start Merkaartor
00:21:34  CE: popup: merkaartor' kann nicht ausgeführt werden, da eine
                     wichtige Komponente fehlt oder nicht genügend
                     Programmspeicher verfügbar ist. Tippen sie auf....,
                     halten Sie alle Programme an, und versuchen sie es
                     erneut. 1)

00:25:11  CE: user clicks OK
00:25:56  CE: is removed from cradle, PC acknowledges
00:27:10  CE: user follows above instructions (ActiveSync unloaded)

00:28:36  CE: Start Merkaartor
00:28:37  CE: indicator is active, clock shows 00:28
00:30:24  CE: indicator is active, clock shows 00:28 (i.e is not updated)
00:31:57  CE: indicator is active, clock shows 00:28 (i.e is not updated)
00:31:58  CE: is inserted in cradle
00:31:59  PC: USB device found beep
00:32:10  PC: ActiveSync fails to connect, doesn't even try to start network
00:33:14  PC: ActiveSysnc timeout message
00:34:11  CE: indicator is active, clock shows 00:28 (i.e is not updated)
and so forth...
...until...
00:38:20  user decides that after 10 min it's about time for a cold boot ;-)

1) rough translation: merkaartor' [note the hyphen!] cannot be executed.
   Either there is an important component missing,  or there is not enough
   memory. Click on...., terminate all programs and retry!