[Merkaartor] Refactoring GPS/ directory

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Mon Sep 8 08:21:47 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 01:29:58AM +0200, Chris Browet wrote:
> Well, as anticipated, serial is broken.
>
> The serial class do not send readyRead() signals...

Ouch that hurts!

> I will have a look to see if there is another way to emit the signal than...
> to poll the serial port !

win_extserialport.cpp should launch another thread that does a
(blocking) WaitCommEvent on the serial port and emits the signal. That
is quickly getting messy though.

Easier is to revert those changes (just that revision please) and
add a sleep in the loop to make sure that the thread is not
permanently hogging cpu. It is not as good, but will still help batterylife.

PS. maybe the added value of gpsd then is not to have to deal with messy
serial communications and instead having a simple tcp socket to deal with
:)

cu bart