[Merkaartor] [OpenStreetMap] #1153: Too easy to miss the right node

Peter Conrad osm at mocacher.de
Wed Sep 10 22:48:09 BST 2008

Norbert Wenzel wrote:
> Chris Browet wrote:
>> As I don't know the way Merkaartorians are working with tracks, I
>> don't whether it should be read-only by default.
>> Please comment
>
> From my personal way of working with Merkaartor I'd love to lock every
> layer (as in e.g. Photoshop) and definitely make the track read only
> by default. I never used that track as anything other than a (strong)
> visual hint where to put the road.
>
> Additionally I have to say that I hope locking a layer also disables
> the automatic snap-to-point feature for that layer.
>
> Norbert
I never used the track to automatically generate nodes and roads. I
usually have one large single track that also covers already mapped
areas, which makes any automatism useless. I use the track points to
manually draw the roads if necessary. Therefore I really appreciate the
snap-to-point feature.
I also would like to have the track points read-only per default (of
course not the ones that were moved to the dirty layer when I added them
to a road). I don't see why I should edit one of the track points. In
fact it is sometimes pretty annoying in my workflow to grab the wrong
point by mistake.
I see the snap-to-point feature as a global option for all nodes,
although it would be nice to have it enabled/disabled per layer.

Regards,

Peter