[Merkaartor] Upload error "Precondition failed"

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Thu Sep 11 02:05:18 BST 2008

> I fully agree with Norbert. It's been quite irritating to have the
> German translations of the tag presets when you are used to the English
> ones. My workaround was renaming the .qm file to something else.
> It's good to have the presets translated if you are new to mapping with
> Merkaartor, of course. So let people choose.

I agree you should be able to choose your language. Just that I always
seemed to have something more important to implement... ;-)
Re translations of  tag presets, it's a choice of the german translator. I
do the french translation and I don't translate the tags names for exactly
the reasons you expose...

> Again, I fully agree. At least twice I had reported a bug that was
> already fixed in SVN. I think it is important to let people test the
> Windows build, too - in the most current version. There might be issues
> showing up that are invisible in the Linux build.  I remember that
> translation issue in 0.11...

I know, I know. That's why I plan to do weekly windows builds.

- Chris -